The Bustymovers are at it again for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Friday, 29 September 2023
It's that time of year again, October is upon us and that means Breast cancer awareness month.
As we all know, being a leader in the diagnostic imaging industry, this holds significant meaning for us, our patients and referrers.
The past two years we have created this beautiful community called the Bustymovers, who in its initial year had 43 members (all staff members) participating, which grew to 87 participants last year. This consisted of both staff members and general public. We each ran or walked 100kms across the month of October.
We had fun challenges along the way with theme days and activities to keep it fun for everyone.
We received some wonderful feedback from participants about the positive impact the challenge made on their lives, some being;
- Improved their mental and overall sense of well-being
- encouraged them to increase their physical activity
- greater awareness of what services Hunter Imaging, Coast Imaging, Castlereagh Imaging and Ace Radiology provide to the community
- lifted their spirits being par of the group
- raised awareness of the vital services Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation provide to those affected by Breast cancer
All of this contributed to everyone digging deep, and we raised $8000 for Hunter Breast Cancer Foundation.