A Leg marking prior to Varicose Vein Surgery is an ultrasound scan that locates superficial veins as well as “perforating” veins, and then marks their location with a permanent marking pen. Your doctor wants us to mark the position of veins on your legs as you may be having surgery on your veins or the doctor wants to use your veins for a bypass graft. This is done using ultrasound and a marking pen. You may be having surgery on your veins or the Doctor wants to use your veins for a bypass graft.
- You will be taken to a private room. A staff member will explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
- You will be asked to remove clothing to access the area to be examined and to stand up on a small step.
- Gel is placed on the area of interest so that the sound waves can pass through to the relevant veins. The ultrasound probe is moved over the veins.
- The vein location is marked on the skin with a permanent marking pen.
- The examination takes 30 minutes.
Make a booking