Hunter Imaging Group respects and upholds the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) outlined in the Privacy Act (the Act). APP’s apply to all private and public entities from October 2018.
- the kinds of personal information that Hunter Imaging holds,
- how Hunter Imaging collects and holds personal information,
- matters related to anonymity and pseudonymity,
- the purpose for which Hunter Imaging holds, collects, uses and discloses personal information
- how an individual may access personal information about the individual that is held by the entity and see the correction of such information,
- how an individual may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds Hunter Imaging, and how Hunter Imaging will deal with such a complaint
- whether Hunter Imaging is likely to disclose information to overseas recipients and;
- if Hunter Imaging is likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, the countries in which such recipeints are likely to be located if it is practicable to specify those countries in the policy.
Privacy Complaints Process
If an individual feels that HIG has acted improperly or breached the APP’s they may make a complaint. Complaints may be lodged in any form (written, verbal email etc.) to the HIG’s Privacy Officer. Where reasonable, HIG will respond to privacy complaints within 30 days.
If the complainant is unsatisfied with the response from HIG they may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
HIG’s Privacy Officer Contact Details
Business Development Manager
Hunter Imaging Group Administration
PO Box 192
New Lambton NSW, 2305
P: 02 4925 5400
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
OAIC Online Privacy Complaint Form